A great “About or “About Us” page is essential to achieve the business objectives of your website.
It is the page where you introduce your business and tell a compelling story about its founding, achievements and the philosophy underpinning the solution it provides for its target customers and clients. This page should capture the company’s successes and offer engaging answers to new customers’ enquiries.
Sales and Marketing Objectives.
Clear sales and marketing objectives should influence the content and style of writing on the “About or “About Us” page. The page should make a strong impression on the potential customer. It should be able to convert and contribute significantly to a potential customer deciding to trust the company and take up its service. The page should highlight the brand’s most significant advantages and value propositions and the connected, engaging story of its founding.
Clear sales and marketing objectives should influence the content and style of writing on the “About or “About Us” page. The page should make a strong impression on the potential customer.
Your Company’s Philosophy and Core Values.
People are moved by a company’s philosophy and core values if it resonates with them. Information about the brand and the person and people behind it is something that visitors to the website want to know when deciding if they should patronise the company’s services and products. What inspired the person or people to found the company and the story of how the business started and has thrived so far help give authenticity to the core values of the brand as expressed in the vision and mission statements.
Essential Things for a Great “About” or “About Us” Page.
The About Us page should convey the following:
- What is the story of the how and why of the business founding, highlighting the ideas and vision that inspired it?
- Who are the target customers, the business benefits and the rationale behind it?
- What is the value proposition of the business?
- How are the services conceptualised and delivered; how are the products made?
- Who are the people behind the company; the founders or the board, management and staff?
- Use images, videos, infographics and links to blog posts to increase the value and conversion capacity of your website’s “About” or “About Us” page.
Get your “About” or “About Us” Page refreshed?
At Dotigidis Digital, our content creators can turn the story of your company and data of its achievements into a compelling “About” or “About Us” page that is right for your business. Reach out today and learn more about how we can make a difference for your business. Please shoot us a message here, and Felicity at Customer Experience will reach out to you and schedule an exploration meeting online with a member of our creative team.